Rnib Legal Help

Start your free will online here. Simply register, complete the short online interview in your free time, and arrange a consultation appointment and free will through an accredited law firm. Your legal responsibility to your employees with vision loss and applicants who are blind or partially sighted is set out in the Equality Act 2010, which aims to eliminate discrimination and promote equality. We`ve provided an overview of the law and how it applies to you as an employer. Civil Legal Advice (CLA) provides free, confidential and independent legal advice to people living in England and Wales. If you are eligible, you can get help from CLA for problems including:- Debt if your home is at risk- Housing if you are homeless or at risk of being displaced- Domestic violence- Separation from an abusive partner if you make arrangements for children or put money and property in order- A child is taken care of- Special education- Discrimination- Some cases of child abductionYou can also «legalaid» and your name at 80010 to ask CLA to call you back. It costs the same as a regular SMS. After you register, Social Services will contact you again to arrange an assessment. The goal is to assess your needs and find out what help you need to stay independent, for example: Help with cleaning and cooking or mobility and transportation aid. There`s no obligation to include a legacy gift to RNIB – but they hope you`ll consider supporting them to help people of all ages gain the skills they need to live enriched lives and participate equally.

They can also advise you on practical things such as lighting and visual aids, and advise you on other sources of help and support. If you are blind or visually impaired, it may be helpful to contact a support group for people with vision loss. Guide dog guidance services aim to reduce the isolation experienced by many people with vision loss and help them regain confidence and independence. We provide specialist information, training and advice to professionals who help change the lives of blind and partially sighted people. Find out how we can help. These measures will help your eye doctor determine if you can be certified as visually impaired or severely visually impaired. If so, they will fill out an official certificate with the results of your eye exam. A global positioning system (GPS) is a navigational aid that uses satellite signals to tell you where you are and help you plan your trips. You can also use an e-reader to help you read. E-readers are handheld devices that allow you to download books and subscribe to newspapers and magazines from the Internet.

You can select a setting that allows you to display text at a larger size. Or you can use text-to-speech software. If you are blind or visually impaired, you may be referred to a low vision clinic, which is often located in a hospital. Clinic staff can help you understand your condition and cope with your diagnosis. The technology that helps you live well and safely with vision loss is constantly evolving. You can read: We can provide information on legal protection, advice and, where possible, formal representation to blind and partially sighted people who wish to challenge a decision or discrimination. This may include taking cases to court. The areas of law we cover are the Equality Act, the Community Care Act and social benefits related to loss of sight. We can also support families and caregivers of people living with vision loss by providing information on the above topics. This is to help support the person with vision loss.

Read the first book. Cook a meal. Take an exam. Master new technologies. Learning means progressing in our own lives and around the world. But many people living with vision loss don`t know where to turn for advice and support. They don`t live the life they want. By leaving a gift in your will, you can help anyone with vision loss learn life skills. We have resources to help you find a job or keep your current job after a vision loss diagnosis. You will also find information about your legal rights and advice on how to combat discrimination. · The RNIB online store sells products that help you live independently.

Registration as a visually impaired person is not mandatory, but it can help you achieve a number of benefits, including: Every person who is blind or visually impaired has their own unique experience, so we don`t take a one-size-fits-all approach. We offer a range of products and services to help you maintain your independence and live the life you want to lead. Information for people currently employed, including what to do if you find out you have an eye disease and how to help your employer provide support and accommodate your disability. Anyone affected by vision loss can contact us for help There are also specialized organizations that can help you understand or solve more complex problems. Guide Dogs has been offering guide dogs to people with vision loss for many years. Guide dogs can help you get around, giving you both a sense of independence and camaraderie. Almost a third of RNIB`s vital work is funded by the kindness of those who include a gift in their will to the charity. These donations help RNIB provide resources and support to give people the skills and confidence to adapt to vision loss. Whether large or small, a legacy gift could help children with vision loss succeed in school. They could help adults adapt and discover new passions. To access any of our services, call our helpline on 0303 123 9999, [email protected] an email or visit rnib.org.uk. You can also say «Alexa, call the RNIB helpline» to an Alexa-enabled device.

The RNIB helpline is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The number is 0303 123 9999, with calls costing no more than a standard rate to a 01 or 02 number. You can also send an email to the helpline ([email protected]) staff. You can only drive legally if you can read a license plate from a distance of 20 meters (65 feet) and an eye test shows that your visual acuity is at least 6/12. You can wear glasses or contact lenses when reading the chart of plates or letters. There are also many local voluntary organizations across the country that help and support people with vision problems. Local support organizations can be found in the RNIB Sightline directory.

If you are diagnosed with a condition that affects your vision, you are required by law to notify the Driver and Vehicle Registration Authority (DVLA). Failure to do so is a crime and can result in a fine of up to £1,000. Legacy gifts are crucial for RNIB. Did you know that almost a third of our work is made possible by the generosity of people who remember the RNIB in their wills? Leaving a gift in your will is one of the most meaningful ways to help remove the barriers faced by people living with vision loss. We are the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB), one of the UK`s leading vision loss charities and the largest community of blind and partially sighted people. RNIB recognizes the unique experience of every person with vision loss and offers help and support – from practical and emotional support, from campaigns for change and our reading services to the products we offer in our online store. A range of information and resources for blind and partially sighted people looking for work, including help with job interviews, your rights as a job seeker and more. The Equality Act sets out what you must do to make your workplace and services fair and in line with the law. The law requires you, as an employer, to make reasonable accommodations for your employees to help them overcome the disadvantages of their disability. One of the simplest options is to use a magnifying device that brings up the greater pressure to make reading easier. These can be obtained from a number of organizations, including hospital visually impaired people, optometrists, local voluntary organizations and the RNIB. You may find a long stick useful when traveling.

These sticks are usually foldable and can help you move around by spotting objects in your path. The cane also warns drivers and other pedestrians that you have vision loss. If your vision has deteriorated to a certain level, you can register as visually impaired. Depending on the severity of your vision loss, you will be recorded as either visually impaired (formerly «visually impaired») or severely visually impaired (formerly «blind»). If you feel you have been refused employment because of your disability and have been able to do so, you can make a complaint under the Equality Act 2010. In addition to Braille versions of books and magazines, you can purchase braille displays that can be connected to computers that allow you to read text displayed on a computer screen.